Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peg Board

My Mammy and Grandaddy (who passed away January 25, 2011) got Ella a peg board for Christmas. It is really neat, and sometimes I think I like it better than Ella!!! :-) Anyway, she has been playing with it a lot lately. --which never fails to make me emotional because of Grandaddy, and then Alan makes fun of me!! Ugh!! As you could see, she played with it and loved it...


       
...and this is when the destruction began...
She started with little "towers", and there was no "eventful" destruction.


The towers began to get bigger...

 

        


This is when she decided that she could destroy the blocks quicker... she began kicking her "towers". (... and I wonder why my house isn't clean...)   


Lastly, she decided to turn the board upside down and make towers. She was determined to make all the pieces fit together even though it didn't. 

  

...and of course, we needed to taste the blocks. I am sure they were wonderful!!!


Ella loves playing with her pegboard, and as I said it makes me very happy, and sad, because I know Grandaddy would have loved to watch her play right now!

Since I am already emotional, (...feel free to stop reading now...) I would just like to say how blessed Alan and I have been to have the opportuinity to have so many family members. We both had alot of Great-Grandparents that we were able to spend time with and get to know. Actually, we both still have Great-Grandmothers (yes, Ella has 2 great-great-grandmothers -- how cool is that???)  She actually had four when she was born, but Alan's "Grandmother", Mary Lou passed away on May 8, 2010. My "Grandma McDonald" passed away March 30, 2011. It seems like we have lost alot this year between great-grandmothers, my Grandaddy, and Alans's uncle, Alan Dale who passed away in August 2011. It has made us appreciate and cherish so much the time we have with our families. We are thankful for all of our family, and hope to spend many more years with them!

--Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Time goes so fast Amanda. Cherish it all! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete