Saturday, March 12, 2011

Catching Up

After being verbally abused for not updating my blog at appropriate time intervals… I am finally updating my blog. :-)

On February 26th, My mom, Ella, and I went to Morrilton, AR to visit my great-grandmother. We stopped for gas on the way down there, and of course, we had to get the necessary “road-trip snacks”. For me this usually includes the chocolate Hostess cupcakes with the icing filling – I know healthy choice, right?? Well, when Ella was picking out her snacks, she picked a banana (?!?!?). I am really glad she makes better choices than I do!!!

She LOVED it!!!



Since then we have eaten bunches of bananas. Usually, the first thing out of her mouth when we get home is “Mama, nana”. As I said, I am glad she is making better choices than I am!!

On Thursday, my dad was admitted to the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. We are very thankful he went to the doctor when he did!! He is on medicine, and hopefully will be able to come home later in the week. Today, Ella and Grandpa had a lot of fun!! Some of my parent's friends brought all kinds of snacks up to the hospital. Yesterday, Abby (my niece) made Ritz crackers with spray cheese and peanut m&m’s for us. (…yes, it was fantastic...). Today Ella and Grandpa left out the crackers and m&m’s – they opted for straight squeeze cheese. (Yuck!!) She quickly had Grandpa trained to squeeze the cheese!!
Dont you love the cracker stuck to her shirt??




YUMMY!!!

Last, I need to rant. Ella goes to Coleman’s Children Academy on American (…yes, there is a reason I am being so specific). Let me just start by saying I feel like I have very realistic expectations of what daycare is going to be. I understand that no one will ever care for my child the way I would. I understand that she will not have someone’s undivided attention. I also understand that she will get some bumps and bruises. During our time at Coleman’s we have had some “interesting” events. When Ella was about 3 months old, she was given another mother’s breast milk. A few months later, I went to pick Ella up, and three kids had been left out side after they walked from the other building. Of course, these were just “one-time accidents”. I was promised that everytime something happened. Well, Friday morning, one of the teachers called me to tell me that Ella had been bit by another child. (Again, something that is to be expected when you go to daycare.) Here is my problem, she proceeded to say “It didn’t leave a mark, and Ella didn’t even cry.” No big deal, right? Well, when she was picked up, they “tried to find” the bite mark on her sides and ribs. There was no mark. You can imagine my astonishment when I saw this:

Seriously?!? I know she cried about this, and obviously, it left a mark. In fact, it broke the skin. My issue here is not that she was bitten. That will happen at some point. My anger is about the fact I was lied to. If they would have called, told me she got bit, it might leave a mark, and that she cried, I would have not been so upset. That makes me question everything they tell me!! Needless to say, Monday morning, I will be looking for a new daycare!

Here is my favorite picture from the week:


 
Thanks for listening!!! Don’t forget to set your clocks forward an hour tonight!!


1 comment:

  1. That sucks!! Poor Ella!!I know... Daycare is so hard. We always had a tough time of it and I haven't been hearing the best things lately. From my experience, if you ate going to stay there, you just need to befriend Nadja. I was pretty good friends with her and she always went above and beyond to make sure Emma and Aiden were happy. I do remember that age being reasly hard because there is so much turnover with the teachers in that age group. Emma and Aosen both LOVED ms Marty though. I don't really have anyplace else to recommend. I hope you find just the right place though. And we will still be praying for your dad!

    ReplyDelete